Three months flew just like that!! Hurray.. it’s time to meet you all again in our 22nd Alumni Meet – 8th March 2015
Lets join together on the reunion meet at our college premises this sunday.
Live Telecast: http://rmkalumni.org/live
Congratulations to Our Alumnus!!!
(If You Have Ideas, Finding Money Is Easy! Become An Entrepreneur)
Hearty Congratulations to Balaji Ashok Of B.E (Mech) 2010 Batch
For Securing A Venture Capital of Us$3million (Inr-18 Crores)
For His Venture “My Wash”
1. Er.Vaidyanathan Narayanan, 2007/EEE was awarded the “Bravo Bronze Award” for securing the first ever EPC (Energy Performance Contract) project in the API (Active Pharmaceutical Ingredients) space at DRL (Dr.Reddy’s Laboratories Limited).
- Mr. A Santhoshkumar,2000/EEE, working as a Senior Manager (Unit R & D Head) at ALSTOM T&D INDIA Ltd, GIS R&D Competence Centre, Chennai, is promoted as a Member of the EEE Advisory Committee of National Engineering College, Kovilpaatti.
- Er.Mahesh babu, 2012/ CSE was awarded the “Google App Engine Award” for his “Cloud Computing Project”! His team was described as the SilverLining team of researchers and students from the Erik Jonsson School of Engineering and Computer Science. They were one of the seven worldwide recipients of the first-ever Google App Engine Research Award for innovative academic and scientific research expected to the benefit society to a greater extent, under the guidance ofDr. Lawrence Chung. The Google App Engine Research Award will allow this SilverLining team to use Google cloud computing infrastructure to verify that their benchmarking and simulation project results are viable in the real world. The research started in 2010 with funding from a National Science Foundation Industry/University Cooperative Research Center (I/UCRC) to determine whether the promises of cloud computing can be met.
Mahesh Babu with Dr.Lawrence Chung
- Er. Arul Priya. A , 2012/IT was awarded with the “ILP Kudos award” in appreciation of her Consistent demonstration of performance of the Highest Order, by TCS.
5. Er.Hemanth Kumar.M.V., 2012/IT was awarded with the “Certificate of Appreciation” for his excellent contribution to Informatico Production support, jointly by his employer HCL- Technologies&Client, SHIRE-Pharmaceuticals.
6. Mr. GaneshKumar/MCA was awarded with the “ILP Kudos award” in appreciation of her Consistent demonstration of performance of the Highest Order, by TCS.
7. Mr. Prabhakaran.L/MCA was awarded with the “Star of the Learners Group” in appreciation of her Persistent Exemplary Contribution& Being an inspiring Role Model for the Learners Group, by TCS.
8. Er.Arul Karthik, 2011/ECE started his career as a Project Engineer at Wipro VLSI. Though he got an offer from the renowned software concerns, he had set a higher goal to achieve. As rightly said by Ralph Waldo Emerson, “Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail!” And Arul Karthik, our RMK Alumnus wanted to create his own footprints for others to follow! Never to mention that he became an assert to his concern, as that is the style of all RMKians! But that is not the end of the story; it’s just the beginning of an epoch.He got an offer from the globally acclaimed VLSI concern, the colossal Qualcomm, at Singapore! So the world is in need of the service of our RMK Alumnus! And we are sure that Qualcomm would reach greater heights with Arul Karthik on board! He is also an active social worker, who visits the needy people along with his team! RMKians always Rocks!
Er.Arul karthik, 2011/ECE
- Er.P.K.Hari, 2009/ECE never knew that in a few years, he would become an Entrepreneur when he joined as a “System Configuration Analyst” with AonHewitt – A Global Consulting and Outsourcing Firm. But as we all know RMK Alumnus are embedded with Discipline, which is the bridge between goals and accomplishment, this RMK Alumnus wanted to try something challenging in search of his goal to accomplish something which would give him satisfaction! Hari reallocated himself to work as a”Project Head at Verdure Books” and took up the challenging task of building the Publication company both online and offline and enjoyed meeting the challenge with a great &enviable victory. Hari having found his goal, broadened his horizon and decided to create jobs, instead of hunting for one. In just a span of 2 years from his graduation, he became the Co-Founder & Director of Blu Dacnis Business Solutions Private Limited. Blu Dacnis Business solutions is a Digital Media Marketing Company based out in Chennai.He is also the Core Team Member at Headstart Network, Chennai – A pan India Entrepreneurship network. Through Headstart Network he built a well established entrepreneur community in Chennai & he started Mentoring aspiring entrepreneurs. RMKians create not just jobs, but job creators! He even started an “Entrepreneur Cell at RMK” for his juniors and mentors his juniors amidst his busy schedule! RMKians know their social responsibility! So Hari founded the Colour India Movement (CIM), which is a Young bunch of IT people giving career guidance for rural Students.As quoted by Albert Einstein, ”Strive not to be a success, but rather to be of value!”. Thus the”Best Business Idea Award” was awarded by DARE magazine in the year 2009, to Hari in recognition of his values&accomplishments!
Glad to Meet you all once again through this alumni newsletter! This annual alumni newsletter, “SUNERGIA 2013” enumerates the various activities of the RMKEC Alumni Association. This is the fifth issue of our newsletter, “SUNERGIA 2013”, which means “working together”. We RMKians Come Together, Keep Together and Work Together through this newsletter.
Please click here to download full copy of newsletter.
We cordially invite you to the 19th Alumni meet of our RMKEC Alumni Association on 17th November 2013 at Hotel Jeya Pushpam, Koyambedu, chennai at 9.00 am.
Registration -9.00 am
Events -10 am to 11 am
Cultural Programme – 11 am to 12 pm
Formal Programme – 12 pm to 1 pm
Lunch – 1 pm.
pls send ur confirmation by registering at: www.rmkec.ac.in/alumni2013
Expecting ur presence and participation,
RMKEC Alumni Association
RMKEC ALUMNI ASSOCIATION
- RMKEC Alumni Association was formed on 12th may 2002 by the passed out students of RMK Engineering College. It is governed by an elected body of members, which consists of a president, a vice-president, a secretary, a Treasurer and 7 office bearers. Election is conducted during the annual general body meeting.
- This association has a group ID and fresh alumni members are inducted into the group every year. More than 400 active members are present in the group. Valuable information regarding higher studies and job opportunities are being shared by the members.
- RMKEC Alumni Association meetings are conducted twice a year, one on the graduation day at the college premises and another on second Sunday in the month of October/November at Hotel Breeze.
- Association has a Joint account operable by the secretary and the treasurer in the name of RMKEC Alumni Association at IOB, Kavaraipettai.
- An online newsletter “SUNERGIA” of the RMKEC Alumni Association is published every year, in which reports of the recent happenings, developments of our college, and achievements of present and future alumni members are posted.
- A “Distinguished Alumni Award” was institutionalized to recognize the contributions & achievements of the alumni members. The first award was given to the first batch alumni, Mr.Ratnakar Rao, 1999/ECE.
- Alumni website created by Er.Jagadeesh/2010/ECE is linked with the college website. Information regarding present job opportunities, academic requirements, recent trends in the field of engineering, higher studies guidance, etc., is posted in the website.
- “RMKEC Alumni Association Best Project award” is awarded for the final year students of all the departments from 2011.
- “RMKEC Alumni Achiever Award” is awarded to the alumni for their exemplary contribution to the institution.
- RMK Alumnus visits the college campus regularly to enlighten their juniors with the knowledge and experience they have acquired. An appreciation certificate is given to the alumni who visit our campus to give guest lectures from last year.
- An “Enterpreneur Cell’, initiated by our alumni was launched in the month of November 2012.
It is also proposed to initiate alumni chapters in different parts of our country.
We invite your valuable suggestions to improve on the alumni activities.